PCB design had a smaller group this week, likely on account of the crazy weather, but some new people were among those.
We got through most of the board layout process, including making revisions to the schematic and pulling them into the layout mid-design. Tasks covered included:
- Component placement
- Trace routing
- Using net classes to manage trace width and routing requirements
- Working with multiple layers
- The purpose and implementation of ground planes
- Finding manufacturing limitations and using Dip Trace’s tools to work within them
- A bit about EMI management.
Next week should see the conclusion of the board layout process, including ordering boards from OSH Park. That will happen next Saturday at 1:00 PM in B20 Lockwood.